Marriage Green Card Attorney
Immigration Lawyer For Marriage
Spouse Visa Immigration Lawyer
With a marriage visa, a spouse of an American citizen can travel to the United States and eventually attain permanent residency. Foreign spouses that are already in the U.S. do not need a marriage visa but need to adjust their status to permanent resident status by getting a green card. Getting permanent residency allows your foreign spouse to live and work anywhere in the United States. you should visit Serrano Law Firm to get the help you require with the application process.
Eligibility For A Marriage Visa
Immigration Lawyer Green Card Marriage
Foreign spouses of US citizens and lawful permanent residents can get marriage visas but they must meet the following requirements:
- You can only file for a marriage visa after you are married. You need to apply for a K-1 fiancé visa in order to get married in the United States.
- Your sponsor must be a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident. Foreign spouses get a CR-1 visa if their spouse is a U.S. citizen while foreign spouses of lawful permanent residents get an F-2A spousal visa. The CR-1 visa often takes a shorter time to process.
- You have to be financially capable of supporting your spouse. There are federal guidelines that can help you determine if you meet the financial requirements. People who don’t have enough money can use a co-sponsor or show other assets.
- The foreign spouse must meet the requirements for getting an immigrant visa. If your spouse is not eligible or if they broke U.S. laws, they may not be allowed into the United States.
What Are The Wait Times For Marriage Visas
Marriage Green Card Lawyer Cost
For a CR-1 visa, you have to wait for 10 to 12 months but sponsors who are lawful permanent residents have to wait for about 2 years for the F-2A visa. Your lawyer will take the following steps for your CR-1 visa:
- Your lawyer will file your CR-1 petition with U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You have to wait for about 3 weeks to receive the receipt notice and case number.
- You will then receive an approval notice from the USCIS 5 to 8 months after receipt of the notice.
- The USCIS sends your CR-1 petition to the National Visa Center, which reviews your documents, approves them, and then sends them to your spouse’s country
- The U.S. embassy receives the file in 3 months and schedules a medical exam and prepares for the interview
- A successful interview leads to the embassy issuing a marriage visa to your spouse
What Are Alien Spousal Visas?
How Much Does It Cost To Get A Green Card Through Marriage
Spouses or fiancées of American citizens and lawful permanent residents can benefit from the following visas:
- K-1 Fiance Visa: This is only issued to the fiancée of an American citizen
- Alien spouse visa: Can be issued to a spouse of an American citizen or lawful permanent resident
- I-129f Petition: An American citizen files this petition to apply for a K-1 Fiance Visa to sponsor their alien fiancée that lives abroad
- I-130f Petition: A U.S. citizen files this if they married their spouse abroad
Marriage green cards are complicated documents meaning that you need an experienced marriage green card attorney to help you through the process.